Reliable Power When You Need It.
You might believe you don’t have to worry about a power outage. Maybe you live in a place without extreme weather, or maybe your town’s infrastructure is new. But the fact is that no one knows when and where the power will go out. In fact, in the last year over ten million homes around the world have lost power for 24 hours or more. There are countless ways outages can happen and sitting through one could prove to be an extremely uncomfortable experience. So, no matter where you live, with a Cummins standby generator you won’t have to worry about whether or not you’ll have power. You’ll have a solid backup plan in place.
Why do I need standby power? Power outages are increasing in number and severity. There are many causes.
- Unreliable utility power grid
- Seasonal power outages
- Limited local utility power
- An aging power grid stretched to capacity
- Severe weather causing outages
- Human error by utility employees
- Local construction causing power outages
Why should I install a permanent generator? Some people try to get by with a portable generator. But unless you’re an electrician, there are risks in that approach.
- Will the portable have been exercised regularly to ensure it will run?
- Will there be enough fresh fuel to run it for an extended period?
- How will you hook it up in the dark during severe weather?
- Will it have enough capacity to power the appliances and lights you need?
A permanently installed generator avoids all of these problems. That’s why in the wake of severe weather, unreliable utility power, or seasonal power outages, a permanently installed Cummins residential generator is the answer to reliable power. No doubt about it. It works automatically; you don’t have to do a thing.
To learn more about Cummins residential generators, contact a local Cummins Sales and Service representative or visit our specification library by clicking the button below.